R E C I P E S #1
Welcome to our recipe section of CookingOnTv.net, a website cooking TV channel. We have come up with great recipes for you to celebrate Easter Sunday with family, friends and your special someone. So get your pots, pans and bowls out and let’s get cooking.
BRAISED BRUSSEL SPOUTS
- 1lb. small Bussels sprouts
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 slices Bacon (thick cut) diced
DO NOT use a maple flavored bacon, apple or pepper flavored bacon is good, if using pepper bacon do not use pepper in recipe.
- 1/2 cup hard Apple Cider
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon Thyme
- 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
In a sauce pan braise Brussels Sprouts in water and salt over high heat for 10-12 min. drain. In sauce pan sauteBacon until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon
Add Garlic and Thyme to bacon grease cook 1 min.
Add cider and pepper, reduce by half, approx. 4 min.
Add Sprouts and Heavy Cream, simmer 3 min. Sprinkle with Bacon and serve.
Prepare coffee using a drip coffee maker make it strong.
- 4 oz coffee
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 oz Irish wiskey
- whipped cream to top
In a 6 oz mug put loz sugar and pour in 4 oz coffee stir to desolve sugar add 1oz Irish whiskey and top with a tablespoon whipped cream.
This is a very basic recipe so feel free to improvise with the various amounts, (I tend to up the amount of whiskey, but that’s just me.)
Option : 1/2 oz of a Irish cream liquor.
- 1 (8 pound) bone – in ham with rind removed 1/4 cup whole coves
- 1 pound brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup unsweetned pineaple juice 2 cups sangria wine.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Use a sharp knife to score the ham 1/4 inch deep in a diamond pattern. Place in a good sized roaster with the fat side up, and stud in a decoratve manner with the whole cloves.. be sure to use plenty. Pack the top of the ham with the whole pound of brown sugar to coat the surface as thickly as possible. Some may fall off into the pan, but thtat can not be helped. Leave it thereto sweeten the basting juices needed in later steps.
- Roast, uncovered, until the sugar begins to melt, about 20 minutes. During this time, mix together the pineapple juice and sangria. When the sugar has begun to melt, pour one cup of wine mixture over the ham, and return the ham to the oven for 40 minutes. I often tent the ham with foil at some piont, but my mother never did.
- After one hour in the oven, baste the ham with with a second cup of the wine mixture,
stirring it into the pan drippings. Return the ham to the oven for 2 more hours, basting after the first hour with the remaining wine mixture.
- Lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F ( 165 degrees C) and baste the ham every 20 minutes with the pan drippings for the final hour of cooking. A meat thermometer should read 160 degrees F (65 degrees C) before serving.
Darin Mandarin Oranges – reserve 10 – 12 slices. Chop remaining oranges and darin again until needed. Combne Pudding mix until thickened.
Layer chopped and darined oranges in bottom for pie crust and pore mixture to fill.
Refrigerate for 2 hrs. Until firm.
To serve put dollops of whpped cream around the top of tart and top with a slice of orange
Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top, if you have small candy hearts place next to orange slices. ( A romantic touch)
EASY ICE CREAM CAKE
6 Ice Cream Sandwich bars, can of whip cream , 1 bag of chocolate chip and a cherry to place on top of Ice Cream Cake.
Stack your six Ice Cream Sandwich bars together. Then with butter knife smooth out whip cream evenly on the stack Ice Cream Sandwiches. Sprinkle chocolate chips all over, between and around stack Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. Then place your Ice Cream Cake in Ice-Box for about one hour to forty five minutes. After that serve your tasty delicious sweet Ice Cream Cake to your family and friends.
STIR FRY VEGGIES
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1small yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 4 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Sesame seeds
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion, turn heat down and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shiitakes, bok choy, mirin and tamari. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
Serve while hot!
1/4 Cup Olive Oil, 1 Tablespoon mined garlic, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 8 Roma Tomaoes Sliced, 2 (12 – Inch) pre – baked pizza crusts, 4 ounce shredded fontina cheese, 10 fresh basil leaves, washed, dried 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1.) Stir together olive oil, garlic and salt; toss with tomatoes, and allow to stand for 15 minutes.
2.) Brush each pizza crust with some of the tomato mariad. Mozzarella Fontina cheese. Arrange tomatoes overtop, then sprinkle with chredded basil, parmesan, and feta cheese.
3.) Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown, about 10 minutes.
STRAWBERRYS WITH PORT WINE & PEPPER
1 lb. Strawberies, wash, stem and cut in half (quarter if very large), 1 cup Ruby Port Wine, 1/2 teaspoon Balsamic Vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon Sugar, Corse Ground Pepper
In sauce pan add port, Vinegar and sugar. Simmer to thicken 5-8 min.
To serve warm: Put Berries in to individual bowls and pour on the sauce and a pinch of Black Pepper.
To serve cold: In a large bowl pour sauce over Berries, cover and refrigerate 1-3 hours. Serve in individual bowls with a pinch of Pepper.
Lot of Love Cherry Pie
2 Cup all – purpose flour, 1 Cup shortening, chilled, 1/2 Cup cold water, 1 Pinch salt, 2 Cup pitted sourcherries, 1 1/4 Cups white sugar, 1 teaspoon butter, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, Add all ingredients to list
1.) Cut the shortening into flour and salt with the whiskey bladers of a stand mixer
until the crumbs are pea-sized. Mix in cold water by hand just until the dough holds together. Divide the dough in half and form it into two disks.
2.) Roll out one disk of dough into a 11 – inch circles. Line a 9 – inch pie pan with pastry. Roll out the dough for top crust, transfer it to a plate or baking sheet and refrigerate.
3.) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C ) , Place a baking tray in the oven to proheat.
4.) Place the cherries, sugar, and cornstarch in medium – sized non – aluminum saucepan, allow the mixture to stand for10 minutes, or until the sugar draws out the cherries juices. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and stir in butter and almond extract. Allow the filling to cool to lukewarm. Puor the filling into the pie shell. Cover with top crust, crimp the edges to seal, and cut vents for steam.
5.) Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degree C ) Oven on the baking tray for 45 to 35 minutes or until the crust is golden brown, Allow to cool for several hour before slicing.
BAKED HALIBAT WITH MASHED POTATOS & TURNIPS
BAKED HALIBAT WITH MASHED POTATOS & TURNIPS
1 Table olive oil, 2 Ibs Potatoes 1inch cubes, 2 Ibs carrots 1 inch slices, 1 Ib onion 1inch slices, 1 1/2 cup white wine, 1/2 teaspoon thyme, 1/2 teaspoon oregano, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place Potatoes, carrots oil onion in a cassarole dish coat with olive oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon each of thyme, oregano, pepper and salt.
Bake in oven for 15min – uncovered.
Remove from oven ( careful it will be hot.) Salt and pepper fish fillets and lay on top of vegetables add 1/2 cup wine. Cover tightly with Aluminum foiland to oven for 15 to 20 min. For sauce pan add 1 cup wine and stock and 1/4 teaspoons of thyme, oregeno pepper. Reduce by half check tastes and ad salt if needed remove from heat and stir in 1 tablespoon butter.
Hot Coco with Brandy and Grated Chocolate, 1/2 cup Coco Powder (Dutch Process), 1/2 cup Sugar, 1/8 teaspoon Salt, 6 cups Milk, 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract, 1/2 cup Brsndy (Amaretto or Hazelnut liquor also good), Whipped Cream, 1/4 cup grated Simi-Sweet chocolate
Mix Coco Powder, Milk, Salt and Sugar to combine over med. Heat do not boil 3-4 min.
Remove from heat and add Brandy.
Pour in to Mugs and top with Whipped Cream and grated chocolate.
If using Amaretto sprinkle toasted Almonde sliver.
If using Hazelnut liquor sprinkle with crushed Hazelnut.
ITALIAN 3 BEAN SALAD
1 cup Onion, sliced thin, 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder, 1/2 cup Sugar, 1/2 cup Virgin Olive Oil, 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar, 1 Teaspoon Salt, 1 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper, 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Basil, 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Oregano,1 16 oz. can Cut Green Beans, 1 16 oz. can Red Kidney Beans, 1 16 oz. can Garbanzo Beans, 1/2 cup Stiffed Black Olives, sliced
In sauce pan combine Onion, Sugar, Olive Oil, Vinegar, Salt and Pepper Simmer on med. 4-5 min.
Remove from heat and cool 5 min.
Drain Beans and combine with Dressing in large bowl.
Cool 12 hours Sprinkle with olives and serve.
MOLASSES SANDWICH COOKIES
- 2 cup A/P flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup light molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- mix all ingredients in a bowl to combine drop mixture by Rounded tablespoon on to a lightly greased cookie sheet 2″ apart Bake 8 to 10 min. Remove to cooling rack once cool take a cookie and apply a generous amount of frosting (Yes, you can use Pre-made store bought, I won’t tell) Since this is for St. Patty’s day green frosting would be a nice touch. Top with second cookie. A light dusting of powdered sugar wouldn’t hurt.
- Goes great with an Irish coffee.
MASHED POTATOES & TURNIPS
2 Ibs turnip Pealed and cubed
2 Ibs Potatoes Pealed and cubed.
1 teaspoon salt, 4 tablespoon butter – room temp, 1/4 cup milk, 1/2 cup cheese shredded – white cheddar or swiss, 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
Put potatoes ad turnips in a Dutch oven and cover with cold waterby 1 inch add 1 teaspon salt and bring to a bol cook until fork tender 10 – 12 min. Drain and return to pot add butter and mash slowly add milk and mart to combine add cheese and chopped green onions to combie cover tokep warm.
Place 1/2 cup potato/turnip mixture in the middle of plate
arrange baked vegatable around mixture and lay fish on top
Drizzle with sauce and a sprinkle of chopped parsley or chopped green onion
Don’t forget the soda bread.
Chicken Pot Pie
PREP 40 min; BAKE: 35 min
Makes 6 servings, about 1 cup each
1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas and carrots, 1/3 cup margarine or butter, 1/3 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, 1 3/4 cups chicken broth, 2/3 cup milk, 2 1/2 to 3 cups cut – up cooked chicken or turkey, Pastry for 9-inch Two crust Pie
1. Rinse frozen peas and carrots in cold water to seperate; drain.
2. Melt magarine in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat . Stir in flour , onion , salt and pepper Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is bubby; remove from heat. stir in broth and milk. Heat to boiling stirring constantly . Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in chicken and peas and carrots; remove.
3. Heat oven to 425 degree.
4. Prepare pastry. Roll two-thirds of the passtry into 13-inch square. Ease into ungrreased square pan , 9x9x2 inches. Pour chicken mixture into pastry-lined pan.
5. Roll remaining pastry into 11-inch square. Cut out designs with 1-inch square over chicken mixture. Arrange cutouts on pastry. Turn edges of pastry under and flute.
6. Bake about 35 minutes or until golden brown. Then serve to family and friends.