R E C I P E S #3
Welcome to our recipe section of CookingOnTv.net, a website cooking TV channel. We have come up with great recipes for you to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with family, friends and your special someone. So get your pots, pans and bowls out and let’s get cooking.
GRANDMA JACKIE’S VALENTINE’S CAKE
1 ( 18.25 ounce ) package, White cake mix, 1 ( 4 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, 3/4 cup chopped pecans, 1 ( 16 ounce ) container frozen whipped topping, thawed.
Chop spinach into small pieces.
Place into a mixing bowl and toss
with the olive, lemon juice,
avocado and salt. Add in the onion and cayenne.
VALENTINE’S DAY STEAK RUB
Pre 10 Minutes
Ready In: 10 Minutes
Servings: 10 ”
“Mix up a special steak seasoning with a hint of cinnamon and savory spice for a spectacular steak.”
2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 2 teaspoons dried oregano, 1 teaspoon chili pow der, 1 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic pow der, 1/4 teaspoon onion pow der, 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Stir together the cinnamon, oregano, chili pow der, cumin, salt, black pepper, garlic pow der, onion pow der and cayenne pepper in bowl. Place the mixture into an airtight container or empty seasoning bottle. speed blender and blend until smooth.
VALENTINE’S CHICKEN CORDON BLEU I
“A delicos French classic, this chicken cordon bleu is made by rolling chicken with ham and Swiss cheese.”
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
6 slice Swiss cheese
4 slices cooked ham
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7×11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast, and secure with a slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
4. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove tothpicks, and serve immediately.
PREP: 20 min; BAKE: 20 min;
COOL: 30 min Makes 3 dozen bars
1 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup milk, 1 large egg, 2 cups all-purpose* or whole wheat flour, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, 1 1/2 cups chopped peeled cooking apples (2 small), 1 cup chopped walnuts, Spice Glaze (below)
1. Beat eggs slightly in heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stir in sugar and salt. Gradually stir in milk. Cook over medium heat 15 to 20 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just coats a metal spoon; remove from heat. Stir vanilla.
2. Mix brown sugar, oil, milk and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Stir in apples and walnuts, spread in pan.
3. Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick insertted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes in pan on wire rack daizzing with spice glaze. Cool completely. Cut into 2×1 1/2 inch bars.
POTATOES CHOWDER AND CHIVES SOUP
3 Cups of diced, peeled potatoe, 1/2 Cup of diced celery, 1/2 Cup of diced onion, 1/2 Cup of water, Chicken bouillon Cubes, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of sour cream, 2 tablespoons of flour, 1 tablespoons of chopped chives
In large saucepan, combine the potatoes, celery, onion, water, Chicken bouillon cubes and the salt
Cover and cook until the potatoes, onions, and celery are tender, or about 20 minutes.
Do not over cook potatoe, They should be just tender, not mushy. Next, add 1 cup milk and heat through.
In medium bowl, mix the sour cream,flour, chives, the remaining 1 cup milk. Gradually stir the sour cream mixture into the soup. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
CHOCOLATE AND MANDARIN TART (Sweetheart’s Dessert)
1 can (15oz.) Mandarin Oranges, Pre-made Chocolate pie crust, 1 box Chocolate instant pudding mix, 1 3/4 cup cold milk, Whipped cream topping, 1 tablespoon shaved chocolate ( white chocolate is a great subsitute)
Darin Mandarin Oranges – reserve 10 – 12 slices. Chop remaining oranges and darin again until needed. Combne Pudding mix until thickened.
Layer chopped and darined oranges in bottom for pie crust and pore mixture to fill.
Refrigerate for 2 hrs. Until firm.
To serve put dollops of whpped cream around the top of tart and top with a slice of orange.
Sprinkle shaved chocolate on top, if you have small candy hearts place next to orange slices. ( A romantic touch)
EASY ICE CREAM CAKE
6 Ice Cream Sandwich bars, can of whip cream , 1 bag of chocolate chip and a cherry to place on top of Ice Cream Cake.
Stack your six Ice Cream Sandwich bars together. Then with butter knife smooth out whip cream evenly on the stack Ice Cream Sandwiches. Sprinkle chocolate chips all over, between and around stack Ice Cream Sandwich Cake. Then place your Ice Cream Cake in Ice-Box for about one hour to forty five minutes. After that serve your tasty delicious sweet Ice Cream Cake to your family and friends.
1/3 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp ketchup, 1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish, 2 tsp cider vinegar, 4 slices rye bread 6 oz sliced Swiss cheese (4 to 8 slices), 3 Tbsp unsalted butter
Whisk together mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, vinegar, and 1/8 tsp each of salt and pepper. Spread on bread and make sandwiches with turkey, sauerkraut, and cheese.
LEMON ICEBOX PIE III
1 ( 9 inch ) prepare graham cracker crust, 2 ( 8 ounce ) packages cream cheese softened, 1 ( 14 ounce ) can sweetened condensed milk, 2 Lemons juiced, 1 teaspoon emon zest, Add all ingredients to list
In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream chesse until fluffy.
Add condensed milk, lemon juice, and lemon rind, Mix until smooth, Pour mixture into crust.
Refrigerate at least 2 hours before servicing.
Garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves if desired.
Nopales En Bolso with Vegetables Escabeche
2 Green chiles, oil-rosted, peeled, cored, and seeded
3 Large fresh nopales (castus paddles, about 7 1/2 Ounces total), spines removed
3 canned whole pickled jalapeno chiles, drained (liquid reserved), Halved lenghtwise
1/2 cup reserved pickled jalapeno chile liquid
3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 cup reserved pickled jalapeno chile liquid
2 tablespoons coriander seed, toasted and crushed
10 spig cilanto
1 spigs tarragon
1 sprig thyme 11/2
11/2 teaspoon coriander seed, toasted and crushed
10 sprig cilantro
1 Sprig thyme
11/2 teaspoons kosher salt
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 white onion, sliced
1/2 cup white onion sliced
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups white balsamic vinegar or unseasoned or unseasoned rice wine vingar
2 Fresno chiles, stemmed and thinly sliced
VALENTINE’S SEXY FISH STEW
2 tablespoons butter, 1 large leek, cleaned and thinly sliced, 1/2 cup sliced shallots salt, 3/4 cup white wine, 1 1/4 cups chicken broth, 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb, 1 pound small red potatoes, salt and freshly ground pepper to taste, 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, 1pound boneless rockfish filets, cut into, 1 inch pieces, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
1. Melt butter in a largesaucepan over medium heat. Cook and stir leek, shallots, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in the melted butter until softened, 10 to 15 minutes.
2. Stir wine into leek mixture, increase heat to medium, and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth and bring to simmer.
3. Mix fennel and potatoes into leek mixture and simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are nearly tender, about 10 minutes. Season with salt , black pepper, and cayenne pepper. Add cream and stir to combine.
4. Stir fish and tarragon into soup, cover and cook for 3 minutes. Stir gently, reduce heat to medium-low and cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper.
STIR FRY VEGGIES
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1small yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 4 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Sesame seeds
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion, turn heat down and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shiitakes, bok choy, mirin and tamari. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
Serve while hot!
PREP: 30 min; BAKE: 30 min Makes 3 dozen bars
1 cup packed brown sugar, 1 cup stick margarine or butter (softened), 1 3/4 cups all-purpose or whole wheat flour, 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Prepare Date Filling
2. Heat oven to 400 degree, grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with shortening.
3. Mix brown sugar and margarine in large bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients until crumbly. Press lightly.
4. Bake 25 to 30 mnutes or until light brown. Cool slightly in pan on wire rack. Cut into 2×1 1/2 – inch bars while warm.
3 cups cut-up pitted dates (1 pound) 1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups water
Cook all ingredients in 2-quart saucepan over low heat about 10 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened: cool
*We do not recommend using vegetable oil spreads.
** If using self-rising flour, omit salt and baking soda.
1. BAR: Calories 145 (Calories from fat 45); Fat 5g (Saturated 1g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodum 110mg; Carborhydrate 25g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 1g