R E C I P E S # 5
Welcome to page five of our recipe section of CookingOnTv.net. The website cooking TV channel. There are a lot of great recipes for you to make for your family, friends and that special someone. Today we have these recipes for a great delicious vegetarian lunch. Please go ahead and try these recipes.
1lb firm Tofu patted dry cut in to 1/2 Vegetable oil
Pre-heat oven to 350F degrees
Put Tofu on backing sheet brush with oil
Bake 1 hr. until browned and crisy
VEGETARIAN SIMPLE FRIUT SALAD
Mango, Pineapple, Peaches (or and stone fruit), Orange segments, Grapfruit segments, Apple Grapes, Berries (Strawberries, Blueberries etc.)
In a mixing bowl combine Fruit, RICE WINE VINAGAR and SHERRY Toss to coat and serve with a sprinkle of Chili Powder
STIR FRY VEGGIES
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1small yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 4 heads baby bok choy, chopped
- 6 fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- Sesame seeds
Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion, turn heat down and cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add shiitakes, bok choy, mirin and tamari. Cover and cook 3 minutes.
Serve while hot!
SCRAMBLED TOFU with MUSHROOMS and BEAN SPROUT BARRITO
1lb. firm Tofu, 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric, 1cup Button Mushrooms trimmed and sliced, 1 cup Bean Sprouts, 2 Tablespoons Oil, Tortillas, Salt and Pepper
Put Tofu in to a blender and puree until smooth. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper and Turmeric blend to mix in saute’ pan on med. Heat add oil, when hot add mushrooms and bean sprouts
Stir in blended Tofu and stir until heated through and start to dry (like scrambled eggs) Salt and Pepper to tast
Wrap in warm torillas
Serve with RICE SALAD and Fresh Fruit Salad on the side.
1 cup of almond milk or rice milk
2 tbsp cacao nibs
1 frozen banana
1 tsp coconut butter
Put all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
4 1/2 cups rolled oats, 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ, 1/2 cup wheat bran, 1/2 cup oat bran, 1 cup raisins, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
In a large mixing bowl combine oats, wheat germ, wheat bran, oat bran, dried fruit, nuts, sugar, and seeds. Mix well. Store muesli in an airtight container. It keeps for 2 months at room temperature.
CHILLED CUCUMBER SOUP
1/4 cup Butter
4 cups Cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped.
1 cup Green Onion
1/4 cup Flour
4 cups Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Half & Half
Salt and Pepper to taste
Additional Cucumber slices to garnish in skillet over med-high cook butter, Cucumber and Onion 2-3 min.
Blend in Flour and cook 2-3 min. until Cucumber is soft.
Stir in Chicken Broth and stir until Soup thickens, Salt and Pepper to taste.
Refrigerate 1-2 hours
Put in to blender (1/3 at a time) Blend until smooth
Stir in cold Half & Half
Serve in individual bowl and garnish with a Cucumber slice.
BEER CAN CHICKEN on the GRILL
13 1/2lb. Chicken, whole, rinsed inside and out
1/2 cup Salt
1/2 cup Sugar
2 qt. Cold Water
Lg. stock pot
Dissolve Salt and Sugar in Water. Immersrse Chicken and refrigerate 1 hr.
Remove Chicken and rise with cool water, pat dry.
2 Tbl. Ground Cumin
1 Tbl. Oregano
1 Tbl. Garlic Powder
2 Tbl. Salt
1/2 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
1 tsp. unsweetened Cocoa Powder (optional)
Combine well in a bowl
Rub spice mixture on Chicken skin, inside and under the skin
Soak wood chips in water for 1 hr. drain. Place chips on an 18 in. square of Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil, fold and seal in to a packet, cut serveral holes in top of packet (to allow smoke to escape.)
Place directly on heated charcoal or gas burners.
Use any type of beer you prefer (the type you will be drinking) Open room temp. can (carefully) and using an old style “church key: can opener open 2 more holes in top of can.
Insert can into the Chicken, with legs pointed down. Legs and can will form a tri-pod to hold the Chicken up-right *note: There are inexpensive wire racks on the market that are great for this style of grilling.
Place the Chicken on the cool side of the grill and cover, rotate chicken 180 degrees at the half way point. Roast for 70-90 min. internal temp. of 170F-175F degrees. Remove from grill and tent with foil 15 min.. Remove can from chicken. This is a 2 person process, 1 to hold the chicken the other to remove the can. Use caution and protection as the Chicken and can will be be hot, Carve bird and enjoy.
SHARK & BAKE Trinidadian Pocket Sandwich
1 Pound catfish fillets or tilapats fillets, 3 Tablespoons fresh chopped lime juice, 3 Tablespoons finely chopped green onion, 3 garlic cloves, minced, 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme, 3/4 teaspoon minced seeded scotch bonnet chile or ha banero chilo, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, All purpose flour, 6 pita bread rounds, warmed, Chopped lettuce leaves, Tomato slices, Assorted condiments, such as mango chutney, honey mustard, garlic, mayonnaise, thinly sliced onion, thinly sliced cucumbers and hot pepper sauce
Arrange fish in single layer in 13X9x2- inch glass baking dish. Mix lime juice, green onion, garlic, thyme, and chile in small bowl: season with salt at pepper. Spoon over fish: let stand at room temperature at least 20 minutes and up to 1 hour.
Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium – high heat. Sprinkle fish on both sides with salt and pepper, then flour. Working in batches, add fish to skillet and cook until golden and opague in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer fish to paper towels to drain.
Cut off thin slice from each warm pita bread round, forming opening. Open pita pocket and stuff with fish, lettuce and tomato. Serve with desired condiments.
COCKTAIL BAR RECIPES
The Blue Lagoon Cocktail Drink
Sex On The Beach
1 1/3 oz. Vodka
1 1/3 oz. Cranberry juice
2/3 oz. Peach Schnapps
1 1/3 0z Orange Juice
Love Potion Vodka Cocktail
grape fruit juice
Caramel Snickerdoodle Martini PT#1
1/4 c. caramel Warmed
2 tbsp. Cinnamon Sugar
1 Heavy cream
2 oz. Smirnoff Kissed Caramel, Pinch ground cinnamon ice cinnamon for garnish
Frozen Lemon Sorbet
in a pitcher
2 oz. of Smirnoff vodka
Turn on mixer until mixing is completed. Pour into glass and serve with a slice of lemon on the top of glass rim.
Pink Lemonade Vodka Slushi
1, Combine 12 once frozen pink lemonade with concentrated vodka
2. Add just enough lemon lime soda to fill up picthcer and stir all together.
3. Garnish with sliced lemon and some fresh raspberries voila and served.
1 cup sour cream
1 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and coarsely shredded
Mix all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate about 2 hours or chilled.
Now it’s ready to serve.
TWO MUSHROOM VELOUTE SOUP
1 1/4 pounds white mushrooms, 1 pound finely chopped, 1/4 pound thinly sliced. 1 table spoon fresh lemon juice 41/2 cups chicken stock or low – sodium broth 1 pound shitake mushrooms, stems discarded and caps finely chopped 2 teaspoons vegatable oil salt and freshly ground pepper 1/4 cup fraiche 1 1/2 teapoons ground coriander chopped chervil or parsley, for garnish.
in a bowl, toss the the chopped white mushrooms with the lemon juice. In a large saucepan, combine the chicken stock with the chopped white and shitake mushrooms and the garlie and bring to a boil, simmer over moderately low heat until the mushrooms are tender, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium non-stick skillet, heat the oil. Add the sliced white mushrooms and cook over moderatelly hi heat, stirring, until golden brown and tender, about 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Ladie the soup into bowls. Garnish with the sauteed mushrooms and chervil and serve.
Cannabis-infused olive oil, 200 gr flour, 5g fresh baking yeast, ½ tablespoon sugar, Warm water, 2 large cut up tomatoes, Pepper, Salt, Rosemary, Oregano, Individual toppings (e.g. mozzarella, bacon, salami, onions, mushrooms)
1. For the pizza dough, you can create it yourself (the better tasting option) or use a store-bought one. If you make one yourself mix the yeast into a glass of warm water. Mix in a pinch of salt and half a tablespoon of sugar.
2. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix a pinch of salt, 200 grams of flour and 4 tablespoons of your cannabis-infused oil in a bowl together.
4. Add the yeast mix and knead for around 10 minutes. The dough is ready when it’s elastic and non-sticky soft.
5. Cover the dough and store it in a warm place for at least an hour.
6. The next step of preparation is the cannabis pizza tomato sauce. To do so, combine the tomatoes, some salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano and a half a cup of warm water in a pan. The amount of these seasonings you use is optional, and should be to taste. Allow this mix to simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes. This will reduce it all into a sauce. If the sauce gets too low, top it up with a little extra water. If it is too watery, allow it to boil away and reduce further. If you are using store bought dough, add a little extra cannabis-infused oil in to compensate for the oil that isn’t in the dough.
7. Now roll out the dough and spread the pizza tomato sauce on it. This is your basic marijuana pizza.
8. Next, you can add toppings to your pizza as you like. Popular choices would be a kind of cheese like mozzarella or Gouda, bacon, salami, onions and mushrooms. Really, the choice here is up to you as you can add almost any ingredient that you like. Even exotic foods like pineapple, asparagus, tuna or shrimps can be applied.
9. If you want to you now can even drizzle your pizza with more of the prepared cannabis olive oil for an extra kick.
10. Bake it at 200°C for 18-20 minutes until it’s browned.
So, there you have it – easy as can be. It gets a little more complicated if you want to make your own dough, but shop bought is an option for those who don’t have the time. You could even buy a pizza sauce and infuse it with your oil! Either way, cannabis pizza is a delicious and versatile cannabis edible. The potency is up to you as you can add the cannabis oil in many ways and stages of the process – just remember it takes up to 2 hours to take effect once eaten!
CRUSTLESS PUMPKIN PIE
4 Eggs beater, 1 (15.oz) can pumpkin, 1 (12.oz) can evaporated milk, 1 1/2 Cups Sugar, 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, 1teaspoon salt, 18 1/4 oz pkg, Yellow cake mkix, 1 cup chopped pecans,1 cup butter, melted, Optional: whipped topping chopped walnut, cinnamon or nutmeg.
Combine eggs, pumpkin, evaporated milk, spice, sugar and salt. Mix well aand pour into an ungreased 13 x 9 baking pan, sprinkle with dry oak mix and nuts over top. Drizzle with butter, do not stir.
Bake at 350+ for 45 minutes to onehour, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with whipped topping sprinkled with nuts and cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.
Varation: Whipped cream is a wonderful addition to warm desserts. In a chilled bowl, use an electric mixer to beat 2 cups heavy whipping cream, gradually adding 1/4 cup sugar and beating until stiff. Make it even more special by adding 2 drops of a dash of espresso powder.
BROWN BASAMI RICE SALAD
3 – 4 cups cooked BROWN BASMI RICE cooled (folow cooking instructions package)
1/4 cup Scallion chopped
1/2 lg. Red Bell pepper cored, seeded and chopped
1/2 lg. Yellow Bell Pepper cored, seeded and chopped
1/2 cup Celery chopped
1/2 cup Carrots grated
1/4 1/2 cup Dressing (recipe below)
1/2 cup Tufu Croutons (recipes below)
Combine Rice and Vegies in mixing bowl and mix to combine.
Pour Dressing and gently toss to coat.
Serve with Tofu Croutons
Ginger – Miso Dressing
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
3 Tablespoons Sherry Vinegar
2 Tablesoons Soy Sauce
1 Table White Sweet Miso
1 Shallot fine minced
1 inch piece Fresh Ginger peeled and minced
1 inch piece Fresh Ginger peeled and minced
Sea Salt and Fresh Ground Black Pepper to taste in a blender add oil, Sherry Vinegar, Soy Sauce and Miso with a pinch of salt and Black Pepper
Blend 30sec. in to an emulsion
With blender running and Ginger and Shallot pulse on and off until ginger breaks down and mixes together
COLD SALMON WITH CUCUMBER SAUCE
PREP: 25 Min: COOK: 20 min:
CHILL: 2 hr Makes 6 Servings
Cucumber Sauce, 2 cups water, 1 cup dry white wine (or nonalcoholic) or apple juice
1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne), 4 black peppercorn, 4 springs cilantro, 1 small onion sliced, 2 pounds salmon, whitefish or other medium-fat or fatty fish fillet lemon wedges, if desired
1. Prepare Cucumber Sauce
2. Heat remaining ingredients except salmon fillets and lemon wedges to boiling in 12-inch skillet; reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.
3. Cut salmon into 6 serving. Place salmon in skillet; add water to cover if nessary. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to lowsimmer uncovered about 14 minutes or until salmon flakes easliy with fork.
4. Carefully remove salmon with slotted spatula; drain on wire rack. Cover and refrgerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
5. Serve salmon with sauce and lemon wedges.
One Pot Beef Stew
1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roost, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch cubes (about 1lb. Trimmed meat), 1 teaspoons salt, divded, 1 tablespoons canola oiln, 3 medium carrots (About7 oz), cut diagonally into 1 1/2 – inch pieces, 1. Medium – size yellow onion (About 8 oz.), cut into 12 wedges, 6. garlic cloves, chopped 1 cup dry red wine, 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour 4 cups beef broth, 12 ounces baby new potatoes, cutting larger ones in half, 2 tablespoons whole – grain mustard, 1 tablespoon red wine vingar 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh – loaf parley leaves
1. Sprinkle beef with pepper and teaspoon salt heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium – high. Add beef to Dutch oven, cook, stirring occasionally. Until brown on all sides, about 6 minutes.
transfer to a plate
2. Add carrots and onions to Dutch oven, cook, stirring often, until carrots and onions start to soften, 4 to 6 minutes. Add garlice, cook until liquid has almost evaporated 10 to 12 minutes.
Stirring and scraping to loosen browed bits from bits from bottom of Dutch oven.
3. Whisk together flour and 1/2 cup broth in a small bowl: add remaining 1/3 teaspoon salt and 3 1/2 cups stock; bring to boil and cook until potates are tender, about 20 minutes. Stir in mustard and vine gar sprinkle each serving with about
1 tablespoon parsley
* 3 pounds of at least 3 different kinds of fish fillets
* 1 pound mussels or clams
*1 pound squid or crab
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced onions
* 2 leeks, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
* 1/4 fennel bulb, thinly sliced, or 1 teaspoon of fennel seeds
* 2 cloves garlic, crushed
* 3 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
* 1 bay leaf
* 3 springs fresh thyme
* 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
* 2 teaspoon salt
* One long, wide strip of orange zest
* 8 ounces clam juice or fish stock
* 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
* Sliced rustic French Bread, plain or toasted
Direction for Sauce Rouille:
* 1 Tbsp hot fish stock or clam broth
* 2 cloves peeled garlic
* 1 small red hot pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 cup soft white bread, pulled into bits
* 1/2 cup olive oil
Put hot fish stock or clam into the bottom of a blender. Add garlic and red hot pepper, salt and bread. Blend until very smooth. With the blender still running, add olive oil slowly and stop the blending as soon as the disappears.
1 Cook the onions, leeks, fennel: Heat 1/4 cup of olive oil in large (6-8 quart) pot on medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions, leeks, and fennel. Stir to coat the vegetables with the oil. Cook on medium heat until softened but not browned, about 10-15 minutes.
2. Add garlic, tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme saffron, salt, orange zest: Add the crushed garlic, chopped tomatoes, bay leaf, thyme, saffron, salt, and orange zest.
Cook until the tomatoes are soft and broken down, about 10 more minutes.
3. Add fish fillets, cover with water and stock, boil: Cut fish fillets into 2-inch pieces. Bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Lay the fish pieces over the vegetable mixture and pour over with 2 cups of boiling water. Add clam juice or fish stock. Bring everything to a boil, and cook, uncovered, for about 5 minutes.
4. Add shellfish: Add the mussels, squid, and/or crab, pushing aside the fish so that the shellfish is now covered in liquid, and broil for 10 minutes more, uncovered.
Add freshly ground black pepper, and more salt to taste. Removed the bay leaves, spring of thyme, and orange zest from the broth.
5. Place slice of bread in bowl, top with rouille, then broth, then fish and shellfish: To serve, remove the fish and shellfish to a platter to keep warm. Place a thick slice of crusty French bread (plain or lightly toasted) in each bowl and put a dollop of the rouille sauce on top of the bread.
Ladies the soup broth over the bread, and then portion out fish and shellfish onto the bowls.